Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Tooth Fairy

Well - it finally happened!!!! Emma has lost her first tooth! Those darn teeth have been loose for almost 4 months. I thought for sure that at least one was going to fall out in August when the kids were in New Jersey and I would miss it. Nope, not so much. Two months later and it still hadn't fallen out. So with Emma's permission I started to twist it a little here and there. I asked her if it hurt, she said a little but I could keep going. I think that girl really wanted to get a visit from the tooth fairy. She was so brave. It took just a little prodding on my part (I'll spare you the gory details) and it came out pretty easily. I don't even want to guess how long it would have taken to fall out on it's own. So we have finally graduated into that next stage of parenting with Emma. She's turning into a very intelligent, compassionate, discerning young little lady! She really wanted to share her tooth fairy money (1 whole dollar!) with her brother so he wouldn't be left out. I was proud. Maybe we're not bad parents after all! Just kidding...

Here's a few pictures of the fun night...warning - there's blood in a couple. Sorry.

You can see just how desperately these teeth need to fall out. See the adult teeth behind them?

Barely hanging on...

And it's out! Emma was unbelievable brave. Probably because I didn't torment her like I was with threats of a wrench or pliers... sorry dad.

On the phone with Grandma and Papa D. You can see how proud she is.

And the good news is the adult tooth is already moving forward. Not that it has enough room to come all the way to the front, but it's better than where it was.

To prove how uneventful this was for her, Emma asked me today that when the other one gets loose enough if I would pull it out the same way. That's my girl.

No comments: