Monday, October 1, 2007

It's October!!!!!

It's finally October. I love fall. It's my favorite time of year. Although, I probably change my tune say around February when I'm dying for spring. But truly, the fall holds so many wonderful things and I just cherish this time of year.

Two very important things happened in October for the Turner family. Our boys were both born in this month - even though neither one was actually due in October. I remember being pregnant with Brian during the summer and when the complications started I thought the fall would never get here. My mother-in-law June brought me a gift during one of their visits. It was a yankee candle and the scent was Autumn Wreath. She gave this to me with a very specific reason in mind. She knew how much we were looking forward to fall because it meant Brian would be here. And when the candle was burning, it did just what she had hoped. It made me forget about "today" and just focus on the joy of the season to come. It helped me so much and to this day it's one of my favorite gifts. I am especially fond of that candle scent, and I've already started burning it again this year. I did wait until September, but not a day past!

So Brian turns 2 in just two short weeks. It's hard to believe the youngest one is no longer a stumbling toddler. He is the epitome of the "terrible two's" but Dave and I are still blissfully wrapped up in this little man. I can't imagine our family without him, and to think - we almost didn't have another child. So glad we changed our minds on that one!

Jackson turns 5!!! How crazy is that!? I cannot even fathom him in kindergarten next year. That picture blows my mind. I'm excited for him to go, now that he's been going to preschool and loves it. It will be a fun time for him. We will be having a big birthday party for Jack on the 27th, so if you're near the area, please feel free to come on by. We have established big parties in our family for milestone years - 1, 5, 10, 13, etc. So this is Jack's year for a big party. We are looking forward to it!

I'll leave you with a couple of pictures of the boys when they were babies. Just look at how far they've come. Our God is awesome, isn't He?


This is Jackson - it's surprising we even thought about more babies after this. (can anyone say retraction?)

And of course Brian. Oh how I wish I could rewind time!

Here they are now! Don't pay attention to their hair - they were in serious need of a barber!

1 comment:

Joshua and Hilary said...

i love your family jules! i miss you a ton!