Thursday, October 15, 2009

The baby of the family...

turns 4 today! I know I say it every time one of the kids has another birthday, but the year has just flown by! Brian is just one of the sweetest kids you'll ever meet, and I'm so thankful to be his mom. He's a funny, loving, kind, and very smart little boy. He's also proving to be an excellent student, just like his siblings. His teachers sing his praises pretty much every day I go to pick him up from preschool. Warms my heart. He is such a different kid than Emma or Jackson, his personality has been different from day one. But he fits in our family so perfectly. Like that last puzzle piece that you love to fight over. He is truly a joy to be with and a hysterical ball of energy with lots of things that "mommy, I hafta tell ya somethin' "- he leads with this phrase every time he needs our attention. We make fun of him saying that all the time but the truth is, I'll miss it when he doesn't say it anymore. A few other things he says that crack us up is when he counts he says five-teen instead of fifteen. He says he has the cough-ez or that he has a "tomach" ache. I have always held onto the little things like that, and it is funny at the time. But it's a bittersweet moment when they grow up a little and start using the correct words or phrases.
Brian and Jackson are going to share a birthday party this year since they both wanted a Star Wars themed party. It is Brian's first time inviting friends from school and I know he is really excited. It will be crazy having a house full of boys running around with pretend lightsabers, but Dave will be so proud!
I'm sitting here typing out this post recalling just what I was doing 4 years ago, and I have a few tears. It's still hard to think he's the last baby in our family. Just doesn't seem real sometimes. But he's the perfect ending to our family. Like the icing on the cake :-)




1 comment: